3 Bags One Pattern

Some patterns are so easy that you wonder why you get them but I was looking for a great introductory pattern for teaching a group of tweens to sew. The Kwik Sew 3597 Pattern hit the spot, an easy to make unlined tote with and an internal pocket attached to the top facing. This pattern will amuse you if you have been sewing for 20 years but if you are teaching some one to sew they will appreciate the thorough, easy to follow instructions and the quick results.

I used Corona Canvas as my base. I love this fabric. Corona canvas is a finely finished fabric that is thinner than most canvas. I originally purchased it to make pants, it comes in a bunch of great colors, but I use it for all kinds of stuff that needs a bit more body. The other fabrics are the scraps from other projects. All in all I love the bag pattern, I used the small size, which is great library tote or purse, I think the largest size would make a good shopping bag. This summer I am trying to get as many samples done as possible, so stay tuned, there are more quilts and bags on the worktable.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails