quick quilt


Sometimes you just need a quick satisfying project. This is the result of one of those moments. It was so quick that I finished everything except the binding in one afternoon and evening. And then I finished the binding in front of the TV. A perfectly satisfying project for the sometimes dreary month of January.


The back inspired this project. It is made from Mustang Brown by Bali Batik and contains an interesting combination of brown and other colors like pink and peach. I had a piece of some older fabric (Kenta from Timeless Treasure) with some lovely ladies on it. The two seemed meant for each other. And the rest of the fabrics were fat quarters I had in my stash. The binding is a peach fabric that I purchased years ago (Jenny Beyer design). It's pretty but doesn't match much. It seemed to fit with this unusual color pallette though.





I cut the Kenta lovely ladies piece into 4 identical, vertical panels. The other vertical panels were strip pieced with the fat quarters. The quilting was done by meandering my walking foot. I used some variegated thread on one side (pink, red, orange) and some pink rayon on the back. I also added some zigzag quilting across the quilt. It was all very relaxing to do.


I plan to take this quilt to my quilt guild tonight - my first solo charity quilt. It will go to a group named CASA. I have a copper colored rabbit to put with it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails