Knitting Socks & Dying Yarn

For those of you lucky shoppers who visited the Some Art Fabric Booth this fall you know --we added yarn. Right now there is a great selection of natural yarns ready to be dyed or used in their pure state and a limited selection of yarns dyed by ME!!!


I am sorry to say that none of this is reflected in the online store cause I have been sleeping in hotels for 8 of the last 12 weeks. We are at our final show -- Overland Park Kansas -- we build today, so you can visit us tomorrow.



This will be a very linky post for all my peeps who need to know more about non toxic dying and how to knit a sock.

If you are not a member of Ravelry, become one, cause it is the best resource out there on all things fiber (although not sewing- shame on them).
Here I am on Ravelry if you need to find me - SomeArtMama


Basic Sock Patterns
Here is a search at Ravelry for a basic sock pattern (you need to be a member to use this link)
Here are some highlights of the socks pattern that anyone can get to--
Basic Ribbed Sock by Wise Hilda
Toe Up Basic Sock by Kaleidoscope Situations
Generic Toe up Sock by Wendy Johnson ( I heard good things about this pattern)
Generic Sock Pattern by Kate Gilbert (This is the first one I used to help me figure out sizing)
This is probably the most often linked to Sock tutorial
Socks 101 at Knitty

Non Toxic Dying
Ravelry has an excellent group call What a Kool Way to Dye 
For tutorials and handouts
Wool Growers Kool Aid PDF
Basic Dying with Kool Aid from the Piper
Leisure Arts Kool Aid Tutorial

When you are ready to dedicate pots and pans to the sole purpose of dying, I get my acid dyes from Pro Chemical & Dye. I find that they have excellent instructions and they are good to work with.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails