Finishing - it can be divine

Sometimes I just have to clear out some projects. Recently I've been working on several projects to get them off the to-do list. Maybe I have sewist's attention deficit (S.A.D.) - I also started a bunch of other projects. But that's another whole story.

I've wanted to try that Kwik Scrappy Heart quilt pattern for some time. The Some Art Fabric January challenge provided the inspiration. I wasn't sure I wanted to make a whole quilt, so I settled for placemats (my favorite way to try out a quilt block without getting too bored). I simplified the pattern given that I planned to use a more limited amount of fabric. The central heart is only 2 pieces. And I used it as an opportunity to use up some scraps and try freehand quilting designs. I tried to finish these Valentine's placemats in time for Valentine's Day. I had to settle for Valentine's Month. But they are finished.


One of my New Year's resolutions (the one I haven't broken yet) is to make a charity quilt each month for my quilt guild. I've just completed my 3rd one. I've been collecting these 4" squares for years waiting for an inspiration. Lacking such, I started sewing them together without overthinking the layout. I figured out that I did not have quite enough of them for a small throw quilt, so I inserted some blue fabric. My DSIL says "It's kind-of random, but I think I like it!" I think I may agree with him. And it too is finished.

Yes, to finish is divine for this sewist.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails