New for 2008 – Challenges
We challenge you to do something wonderful, using our themes and your creativity. More information will be posted at our web site SomeArtFabric.com.
January: Hearts! -- Go Weird, Go Wild, Go Hearts.
Show us your heart and win great prizes.
Deadline for submission: February 3, 2008
Work must contain at least one recognizable heart.
2 Prizes will be awarded
12 Red & Pink Fat 1/8 and the Clover Heart Yo Yo Maker.
All artists who submit, with their mailing address, will receive a handmade card from the staff of Some Art Fabric.
Challenge Rules & Conditions
• All work must have been completed by the individual submitting within the past 6 months.
• One submission per artist/household address.
• Work must contain elements of textiles and stitching.
• Photographs submitted should be focused, clear and cropped closely into the artwork.
• Work submitted will not be posted if the digital image submitted is of poor quality or if the subject or portrayal is deemed inappropriate for an all age audience. The artist will be notified via email.
• By submitting your digital images to the monthly challenge you are granting permission to Some Art Fabric to display your work at all of their domain sites: SomeArtFabric.com, SomeArtFabricTalk.blogspot.com and SAF Newsletter, for a period of no less than one month. Winning entries may be used in all subsequent promotions and emails by Some Art Fabric. Winning artists will be sited and a link will be created if possible to the artist's web site.
• All judging is final and will not be reversed. Judging will be done by the staff of Some Art Fabric or by online voting (technical details are being worked out).
• Challenge may be canceled due to lack of participation, individuals who submitted images will receive a handmade card of thank, if their mailing address is on file.
• Some Art Fabric staff may submit images to support the Challenge but their work will not be included in the judging for prizes.
• Prizes will be shipped out within one week of the final judging via First Class Mail.
• These rules may be modified or added to as needed.
Submissions Guide Lines:
Name your digital image as follows:
Submit your digital images to challenge@SomeArtFabric.com. Include a brief description of your work including media & methods, your web site, and your name and mailing address for your prizes (address must be included if you want to receive your prize but are not required to be included in challenge).
If you are using an existing pattern, please site the pattern maker, if this is an original design and you have instructions at your web site or have created instructions we would love to add a link to them or to post them at the blog. By submitting your work you are agreeing to the terms and conditions of the Some Art Fabric Monthly Challenge.
February: It’s in the mail. – Mail Art
March: Something Old, Something New -- Recycle Resew