Sewing Again - Woodstock Collection

There has been a lull in my sewing lately, the busier the on line store gets the less time I spend in my sewing room. For my birthday I decided I needed to reclaim my space and move the company out of bed (or out of my sewing room).

This was no easy task and my sewing room was not released until right before the new year. I moved fabric and shelves and cleaned and did all the things I hate to do. Organize.

BUT as a reward my design wall was unearthed, my cutting table cleaned and my ironing board clear enough to iron on.

On to my first quilt of the new year. I LOVE Terry Atkinson -- famed designer of the "Yellow Brick Road " pattern. Her new book is called "Happy Hour" and man was I happy to get started on one of her fab projects. I received a fat quarter bundle from Benartex as a promo for purchasing their entire Woodstock Challenge line for the store. I love the hippy retro paisley - dot combo and the colors are DIVINE! I was hoarding the fat quarter pack as my reward for getting my sewing space back. It was worth the wait, I was able to cut out and finish the top before dinner. Start to finish the quilt top took about 4 hours, with childhood interruptions and help from the 4 year old. I love the design so simple and so great for showcasing this new line of fabric.

My aunt came over to get some help on her quilt. Apparently, I am really good at putting on borders. Ha Ha -- in exchange she ironed the backing fabric and offered to drop both quilts off at our quilter. My aunts quilt is a gift to her good friend who has just become a volunteer fire fighter. She used all my coolest fire person fabrics, helmets, uniforms, Dalmatians. Loads of fun.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails