Collage Necklace Redone
I originally saw this on the wonderful and inspiring Threadbangers program and thought it would be a cool use of the new Honey Buns from Moda. Yea howdy it worked great. Since the rolls are already 1.5 x WOF there is no prep work. Here how I did it.
Fun & Fast way to adorn yourself with one of the cool new Honey Buns from Moda.
Originally aired on ThreadBangers.com
1. Pick a cool new Honey Bun (1.5 inch stripe x WOF)
2. Fold strips in half and stitch ¼ inch from the fold. (save at least one)
3. Trim raw edge to within 1/8th inch from stitch line.
4. Use a bobkin or safety pin to turn the tube.
5. Stitch all of the selvage tube ends together (use a denim needle) Sew Slowly. Trim ends to even.
6. Cut some of the tubes shorter or knot them.
7. Line all of the other tub ends together and stitch slowly.
8. Trim ends to even.
9. Lay one side over the top of the other to form a circle and sew down.
THIS IS VERY THICK AND WILL BREAK YOUR NEEDLE IF YOU DON’T SEW SLOWLY.
10. Take the saved strip and wrap it around the raw sewn edges.
11. Stitch down.
12. Slip it over your head and sport a cool new fabric necklace.
Here is my inspiration the Thread Banger Episode. WELL the video appears to be compromised. Here is a link