Confessions of a Seamstress






I have a confession...I purchased a simple t-shirt at Ann Taylor Loft for way too much money. In my defense it was so cute and I have gotten a lot of wear out of it. I also justified the purchase by saying that I could copy the design very easily. I have had the shirt for several years and had yet to copy it!

Enter several yards of yummy knit and a new Ottobre Woman that had the t-shirt pattern ON THE COVER!!! I was so excited when I saw it because I said THAT'S the t-shirt. Yeah, now I don't have to make a pattern! I washed up the knits, a lovely rayon blend. It was pretty when it went into the wash, it was even better when it came out of the dryer! So soft my daughter's wanted pj's and bedding out of it! I told them I knew where I could get more but that these few yards were all mine.

I traced a size 36 based on my minimal bust measurement and set to work. The knit sewed up beautifully. I wasn't real sure because it's thin and sort of stretchy but my serger sewed through it just fine. I even used some of it for the neck binding and it turned out great too. Within an hour, I had the perfect t-shirt. Dressy enough to wear with skirts, soft enough to wear everyday with jeans. Ok, so there are 3 prints, black, red and polka dot...if I make 7, do you think anyone would notice if I wore them every day? I apologize for the picture...I am ready for bed and was so excited with my new tee, I put on a bra and had hubby snap a picture!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails