What's Pink & Purple & Cute All Over....



This little guy is just TOO cute for words so I had to include some pictures of course! Rumpled Quiltskins. That's the name of the patterns and I fell in love with them when I saw them. I wanted to make all of them but settled on three...the Elephant, the Lion, and some fishies. Lions have fluffy manes, these fishies have lots of pieces, so I thought I'd start with the elephant.

This pattern is not for the faint of heart or the easily discouraged. There are lots of pieces (some rather small), some "gasp" hand basting, some rather precise seaming, and some stay-stitching and clipping. The machine stitching is rather time consuming as you have to quilt all these pieces individually before assembling. It wasn't hard and I just drew the lines on the muslin backing, put the right color in the bobbin and stitched on the lines. The instructions say to use tracing paper and a wheel and transfer the markings to the right side. I didn't have tracing paper but I did have lots of thread and a pencil! I was told they are not "stuffed animals", they are "soft sculptures" and I think this is a better way to look at these little creatures. However you look at it, they are 100% adorable and worth the effort.

The fabric is Lonni Rossi, which you all have seen me argue with before! Fortunately for this little guy, directional fabric was not an issue as it was in small quantities. I do have to confess though, I tried to get Pickled Mushroom on the bottom of one of the feet. Much to my dismay when I got to that part, the instructions said that the feet were oversized to accommodate different size legs! The resulting words turned out to be "ickle hroo". Hence this elephant will be named Ellie Ickle Hroo.

The End.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails