Organic Free Range Eggs (we use the whole dozen)
Gluten Free Pre Cooked Sausage (We Like Wellshire Maple Pork) or Lunch Meat
Small Bowl, If you don't like eggs with visible yokes.
- Night Before: Pull the sausage out of the freezer and pop it in the fridge.
- Morning of: If you are using lunch meat or want to add peppers or cheese dice it up into small chunks.
Spray your muffin pan with a spray oil. This helps keep the eggs from sticking to the pan and make cleanup a breeze.
OR add whatever good stuff you like with eggs: peppers, cheese, salsa. Press gently into the egg.
Cook at 350˚for approx. 20 minutes. This is a personal decision. The girls like runny eggs so I will occasionally pull it from the oven after 15 minutes. If I know we are eating at home.
Why do I love these so much!
- The pan is usually easy to clean up, more so than my cast iron after making eggs.
- I can walk away from the eggs once they are in the oven, which makes for a great breakfast that I don't have to hover over.
- It is already in serving sized bits.
- It is not messy to eat with your hands (if needed).
- The girls love it!
- Oh, and it is a power packed protein meal that sticks a bit better than toast.